Google
 
Web catdynamics.blogspot.com

Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Love Will Tear Us A Part

An Anonymous Coward, who is clearly way cooler than me, and definitely in touch with what matters, forwarded me most valuable cultural link.

That there exist Punk Tuvan Throat Singers should not come as a surprise, that they did a cover of Joy Division is, that Yat-Kha's version is also good is a delight. John Peel should have lived to hear this!

I wonder if they'd do a cover of the punk'd version of "Dansi, Dansi Dúkkan Mín".
It is highly disturbing that I can't think of that song (nor "Sigurður var sjómaður") without the punk version going through my head. I predict that will cause me trouble in the near future.

Anyway, go listen, it is a treat. If you like that sort of thing.

Thanks. You Know Who You Are.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home