Google
 
Web catdynamics.blogspot.com

Friday, November 11, 2005

Skyr, glorious skyr!

we have a confirmed skyr sighting at a Whole Foods...

so, here is the deal.
At least one of you guys is at a uni that is in a city with a Whole Foods which carries skyr and is within 4 hours drive of glorious Centre County PA.

So &#$!!_$%! invite me for a talk, pronto. I'll drive out with a cooler or three.

It is a humanitarian thing to do.

And if you do, I'll tell you about kex.
You know the "powder milk biscuits" in Prairie Home Companion...?
They exist.

Though apparently NordicStore.net will ship... must investigate.
There used to be a buyicelandic.com but they vanished suddenly off the net. Guess after the first rush of 2000 starving expats business was not sustainably large enough.
There's more of us now, and we're richer...

3 Comments:

Blogger Adam Solomon said...

Your name's on a bunch of abstracts for AAS 207, one of which is a first authorship (and under two separate spellings of your last name, hehe)--are you going to be presenting there?

And damn, now I want to try some Skyr! :)

11:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kex is something I would indulge in if such a thing existed in the UK. And skyr instead of that pathetic-excuse-for-Testo-own-brand-watery-yoghurt...

11:30 AM  
Blogger Steinn said...

As a first author on a poster, I am obliged to be there, no matter how little I want to be there...
Still, nice schmoozefest, and there are runours some of us will get together and finish that little paper we talked about? Not that anyone has circulated the outline promised two weeks ago, eh?
You know who you are, go kick butt. I already e-mailed the promised "reminder".

Where are you seeing the abstract listings? AAS current meeting does not seem to have the full program yet.
I need to find out which student misspelled my name so I can correct them. Politely.


MM. Kex.
We will have to explore this NordicStore thing, see if it works as well as buyicelandic did.

12:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home