Google
 
Web catdynamics.blogspot.com

Monday, March 20, 2006

the price of fame...

Damn, I do one little blog entry on cosmology, and not only does readership jump almost a factor of few, but my crackpot e-mail inflow jumps an order of magnitude too.
I never knew there were so many people who had proven Einstein wrong. Or so well...

I miss the old days, when they came on postcards densely written with bright, thick point ink.

I wonder if they guy who is a former Marine still cares enough to write. He was always fun.

Need to do a few boring old "stars and galaxies" entries, gotta resist the temptation...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, there are a lot of people out there who seem to think that they know the field better than those who have spent their lives studying it. Worse, you can't talk sense into them. Their standard response is "The authorities thought Galileo was wrong, but he was right. All the experts thought Columbus was wrong, but he was right. So, since everyone thinks that I am wrong, I must be right, too!"
Of course, both of their qualifying statements are incorrect if you look in the history, but why confuse the issue with facts? The more you tell them that they are clueless, the more convinced they are that they are right simply because you are saying otherwise.

3:19 PM  
Blogger Steinn said...

Phew. For just a second I thought you meant me, pontificating on cosmology...

11:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home