Google
 
Web catdynamics.blogspot.com

Wednesday, October 18, 2017

Why, yes, it is all about me...


Dynamics of Cats is back.

This is the original, Ye Olde, blog, started back in March of 20065, it had a decent run through June 2006, at which point I was invited to join the Scienceblogs collective at what was then SEED magazine.

A fun decade ensued, as blogs boomed,  markets crashed, SEED realized Sb was keeping the rest of the group going, and then National Geographic ate Sb, which then started to shrivel.

I blog strictly to amuse myself, no promises.

I find blogging is good warmup for serious writing.  Actual output is very sensitive to Real Life,  I tend to be more prolific when busy doing stuff, and less prolific when subsumed by administrivia and other intrusions from The World.

I'm a physicist, educated in England, PhD from a small private university in California.
Postdocs in NoCal and back to UK, and now a Professor of Astronomy and Astrophysics at The Pennsylvania State University.
Which is Good In Parts.

I am a member of:

I have never taken a class in astronomy, for credit.

In my copious spare time I am a Science Editor for the AAS Journals,
I am also a member of the Aspen Center for Physics 
and most recently I became the Scientific Director of arXiv

Steinn Sigurdsson Appointed as arXiv Scientific Director

As noted above (you did read the disclaimer...),
I do not speak for any of these Institutions upon this here blog.

We also have a dog.
Gunnar.
Named after the poet-warrior of the Sagas.
Don't ask, he had the name when he moved in with us.



We used to have cats, but they, sadly, died.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home